Caustic Soda Episode 1 – Shark Attack

Caustic Soda’s first podcast is now online with their first episode: Shark Attack! Join your hosts Toren Atkinson, Kevin Leeson and Joe Fulgham as they look at the gruesome and fascinating world of sharks attacking!

Play

This episode’s pinup, Andrea Lynch. Shark attack survivor!

Andrea Lynch

Show notes/links.

Instructions for Reporting a Shark Attack to the International Shark Attack File!

Great White Sharks attack seals (from “Planet Earth“)

Henri Bource, post-shark attack video.

Megashark vs. Plane

View the original and a high-quality PDF at Stephen Taubman’s blog

Jaws

Toren: 7/10

Megashark VS Giant Octopus

Toren: 2/10

Deep Blue Sea

Toren: 3/10

Recommended Posts
Showing 0 comments
  • Trevor Phillips

This is awesome, I loved every minute of it! Very informative and instilled my fear in sharks! Great job guys, keep up the good work, and I can’t wait for more podcasts!

• Gary

There is nothing “great” about “instilling” a fear of Sharks. You enter their domain and you get attacked, sometimes, but generally they are just going about their lives. Because of people having this terrible fear of Sharks they are becoming extinct. Try diving with Sharks sometime, and see the awesome beauty of these pre-historical creatures and learn about their value to the eco system, then come back and tell your story.

• swagman

Nice! The best shark-related podcast ever! For the first time I can honestly say I am really looking forward to a conversation about parasites. Makes me want to scoot across the carpet.

• swagman

• Pauline

My philosophy is that knowing something is always better than not. Squid attacks next? Squids. Way creepier than sharks.

• Pauline

• kid-a

This podcast is brilliant!
    so glad i started listening, cant wait for more episodes

• kid-a

This podcast is brilliant!
    so glad i started listening, cant wait for more episodes

• robbo

How come I wasn’t invited to participate in the shark episode?! Shame on you guys!!!!!!!! You’ll just have to do it over again!

• robbo

• Ryan

The Indianapolis is mentioned in Jaws, and Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus rocks!

• Ryan

The Indianapolis is mentioned in Jaws, and Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus rocks!

• banks!

I think a better ‘shark ride’ would be to have the person stand on the platform where they would normally get in the roller coaster car. Instead of climbing in the car, a giant shark would leap up and bite the person and grab hold. It would then swim the entire coaster ride track with you in its mouth. If you were lucky, it wouldn’t shake its head to simulate a sawing motion with its many rows of teeth and you’d have a nice, survivable scar as well. It’s a ride with a prize at the end!

• banks!

• Lucas "Bullpup" Black

Really enjoyed your podgram – and looking forward to more… MORE I SAY!!!

• Lucas "Bullpup" Black

Really enjoyed your podgram – and looking forward to more… MORE I SAY!!!

• castewar

I’m glad Ryan said it – you can’t mention the Indianapolis without Robert Shaw’s improvised monologue about surviving the ship’s sinking…

Loving the results so far!

• castewar

Loving the results so far!

• Ralph Hodge

Check out this news story from Discovery News about sharks with cloaking abilities.

• Ralph Hodge

• Angie

Sharktopus is going to finally show on Scyfy this saturday!

• Angie

Sharktopus is going to finally show on Scyfy this saturday!

• Unspeakable Amorphous Blob

I feel as though you guys should’ve explained why a hammerhead shark looks that way… Oh well.

• Unspeakable Amorphous Blob

• Unspeakable Amorphous Blob

Oh! And, and, don’t forget that in the wonderful little movie of Finding Nemo, there’s three sharks, whose names I don’t remember…

• Unspeakable Amorphous Blob

• Chew

Life imitating art?

Airline Pilot Spots Flying Shark

• Chew

Life imitating art?

Airline Pilot Spots Flying Shark

• Rob Wright

Ha ha, how slow am I getting on to this show! Ah well, suppose I’m lucky enough that I’ve got so many episodes to catch up on.

U.K.

• Rob Wright

U.K.

• Derek Weber

Bizarre-looking frilled shark spotted for the first time in living memory in Victorian waters:

• Derek Weber